As a business owner in the digital age, you rely on people being able to find your website through search engines. It can be challenging to understand how to get your business to rank high enough in results to get noticed by the right potential customers, and if your business doesn’t rank at all—that could be detrimental to your company’s success in the long run.
While there are many strategies out there on how to increase web traffic, we’ve compiled a list of four ways to help more people find your website:
- Improve search engine optimization
- Utilize content marketing
- Leverage social media
- Partner with a marketing agency
Improve Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search engine optimization—or SEO— is what makes your website more visible to potential customers. It’s an invaluable tool for you to help more people find your website, increase your brand awareness, and become an authoritative voice in your company’s niche.
Some of the major ways you can improve SEO for your website are:
- Performing keyword research to help with web copy and content. Keyword research is the process of finding and utilizing keywords that people use when searching about a topic. It will impact every aspect of SEO, help more people find your website, and inform your web copy, content, and social media strategy.
- Utilize SEO titles and meta descriptions within your website. These customizable elements of HTML provide a snapshot of the content on your website and tell search engines about your web pages. Optimize these areas of your website for the best search results!
- Adding alternative text to your images. This provides accessibility to your content for those with visual impairments and provides descriptions for search engine crawlers, which allows them to index images more efficiently and offer you higher rankings in searches.
- Using internal links throughout your website. Similar to adding alternative text to your images, inserting internal links throughout your website will help Google catalog the pages and provide authority to the important ones. This is vital to receiving higher search engine rankings.
- Setting up a verified Google Business Listing. This will improve your overall SEO, allow your customers to leave reviews for your products, and give your business higher visibility on Google Maps.
Utilize Content Marketing
Content marketing is a way to attract customers to your site by creating and promoting content—such as blogs, social media posts, printables, emails, newsletters, whitepapers, videos, photos, and more—that is relevant and helpful to the reader and guides them through the buyer’s journey.
Content is developed and promoted by understanding who your audience is, referring to the keyword research performed for SEO, creating a strategy around sharing what your business has to offer the customer, and distributing content.
Once your content is developed, you can use it to engage with your audience through social media, email marketing, and other forms of advertising. When customers see an ad or post with relevant and helpful information, they’re likely to click on it and learn what you offer—ultimately driving traffic to your website. In addition, valuable content helps your website to rank higher in search engines and allows more people to find your website.
Leverage Social Media
Social media can be a powerful tool to help more people find your website and attract potential customers to your business. According to Animoto, 58% of consumers will check out a brand’s social media pages before they look at its website, so it’s important that you share your information and content through your social media channels regularly.
While there are several approaches to posting to social media, there are two major types of posts to share that will help more people find your website: organic posts and paid advertising:
- Organic posts are free content that can be used to help you connect with customers, increase brand awareness, provide measurable leads, and help more people find your website. This type of content is primarily used to establish your brand, authority, and awareness to your potential customers, as well as provide a place for customers to interact with your business.
- Paid advertising consists of strategically placing your content, products, or services in front of your best prospects on social media platforms and Google. This type of content should have the goal of directing customers to your website and helping them find the information they need with little to no effort on their part.
Partner with a Marketing Agency
If all of this seems a little overwhelming, that’s because it is! Running a business and managing the marketing efforts for that business as a one-man band isn't something you should have to do. Business leaders spend a great amount of time putting out fires, developing and retaining staff, completing administrative duties, and meeting customers’ needs—which doesn't leave much time for growing a business.
Partnering with a marketing agency can give you the ability to focus entirely on your business efforts while ensuring you receive the best marketing results that drive traffic to your site. They can create a plan of action that is measurable, strategic, helps people find your website, and generates revenue so that you can save time and money and finally get your life back.
Now that you’ve learned how to help more people find your website, you’re ready to start optimizing it for SEO, developing content, and sharing your resources on social media.
If you’re still not sure where to go from here, partnering with a great marketing agency can help you develop your SEO, accelerate your growth, and provide optimal impact for your customers.
Our proven marketing protocol helps companies make more money, save time, and plan an effective strategy.
Treefrog Marketing is an agency focused on small business and located in Lafayette, Indiana. We specialize in strategic marketing and advertising, graphic design, web design, social media, SEO, and more. For more information, please visit our website. You can also connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.